Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nostalgic Cooking

For many of us with wood stoves, it is easy to forget that if we have the right type of wood stove, that they can be cooked on. Although, I always remember right when the power goes out and after enough times of that I decided to go ahead and invest in some great Cast Iron Cookware by Lodge Logic.  But, you don't have to wait until the power goes out to use your wood stove for cooking.  My grandmother made some of the best dishes cooking on her wood stove, and using my to cook with always makes me think of her.



Breakfast is my favorite to cook.  It's quick, simple, and seems to taste so much better.  There are tons of websites with recipes for cast iron cookware Lodge Logic offers some recipes on their website, but the possibilities don't stop there.  We'd love to hear what you've been cooking on your wood stove this winter!

Be sure to keep your wood stove in top shape by taking the steps to maintain and upkeep your woodstove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...